The Resource for Everything Tactical Pants
Propper’s New Genuine Gear Tactical Pants
Well, tactical pants don’t necessarily garner the same fanatic treatment with the black-turtleneck-Levi-jeans attire, the epic PowerPoint presentation and the auditorium chockfull of clamoring technophiles. But they really should—especially for this pant.
Only to celebrate one the greatest values in tac pants history. Yep, it’s a pretty big deal alright. Propper International has extended its Genuine Gear discount brand. In addition to BDUs and shorts, the GG line waves hello to a brand-spanking-new tactical pant.
And with a price tag of $24.99 MSRP, Genuine Gear Tactical Trousers are at the same low cost as just one other tactical pant on the market.
The pant? LA Police Gear’s Operator Tactical Pants, which happens to be the next addition to the Tactical Pants Review. Once we get a good look at those pants, we will definitively be able to tell you which ones are actually the best value.
Now back to the GG Tactical Trousers. They are made from 60% cotton/40% polyester ripstop in khaki, black, LAPD navy and olive. These pants should be making an appearance on TacticalPants.com in a week or so.
“I think that one of the highlights or differentiating features of the pant is the double cargo pocket configuration,” said Dan Bergeron, Propper’s design director, via e-mail. “It is more difficult to describe than to see it with your own eyes to understand it.”
Genuine Gear Tactical Trouser features:
- Zippered fly with button waist band closure
- Two back pockets with hook and loop closures
- Two front slash pockets with reinforced bottom of pocket opening for folding knife or tool clips
- Two side double-cargo pockets:
- - Pleated large cargo pocket on the side thigh with hook and loop flap closure
- - Open-top stash pockets behind the pleated cargo pocket
- One coin or small item pocket located in the right front slash pocket
- One cell phone pocket with hook and loop flap closure on the left front, above cargo pockets. Fits iPhone and BlackBerry devices.
- Reinforced knee patch with pocket for optional knee pad
- Six belt loops
- Elasticized waist
- Mid-rise, straight fit
- Offered in even sizes 28-54, inseams 30”, 32”, 34”, 36” and unhemmed 37.5”
We’re gearing up to add a full write-up of this pant to the Tactical Pants Review as well as highlight it for PoliceOne.com. Next week we even get some face time with a Propper product specialist to learn those nitty gritty details. And from what we hear, this isn’t the last of the Geniune Gear brand expansion. So, expect more discount items from the collection in the future.
What do you think of the new Genuine Gear Tactical Pants? If you have questions about ‘em, let us know before next week’s meeting!