The Resource for Everything Tactical Pants
Introducing Magnum’s New RD Pants
These men’s and women’s pants are being called the “advanced tactical pant for the next generation.” Also known as the Rapid Deployment Pants, the tactical trousers were created for the elite tactical operator, providing quick access to all of his/her necessities.
At 5.4 ounces, the RD pants are lighter than even the lightweight 40/60 poly-cotton ripstop from LA Police Gear and Genuine Gear. With 12 pockets, not counting the knee-pad pockets, they have more pockets than your average 5.11 Tacitcal pants. And at an MSRP of $60, these pants cost less than Kitanica pants and maintain a similar price point of EOTAC, Vertx and Woolrich Elite. To compare more similarities and differences between the RD Pants and others on the market, visit the Tactical Pants Review.
UPDATE: The RD Pants are scheduled to arrive May 1, 2011. Mark your calendars, people!
Features of Magnum’s RD Pants
- The lightweight pants are made with a 5.4 oz., 100 percent cotton ripstop.
- Two low profile mag pockets are designed to function in action positions.
- Two rapid deployment knife pockets are ergonomically designed with reinforced knife clip guards.
- One lower phone pocket will fit all sized smart phones or PDAs.
- Two hand pockets with vented pocket bag cooling system.
- Winged crotch gusset with vents and reinforced overlock double stitching.
- Articulated knee with internal knee pad pocket
- Lower leg reinforcement kick plate
- Reinforced rear and side belt loops for extra durability
- Reinforced comfort strip waistband inner lining
- Eight point zipper, glove-friendly pull tab
- Low profile button closure
- Six-month no fade guarantee
In the video we captured at SHOT Show, Magnum’s Social Media Specialist Alexis Nascimento displays the Rapid Deployment Pants.
Here’s a quick synopsis:
With a global tactical adviser working around the world with special operators, Magnum ensures they are building products based on the end user’s needs. Alexis describes several features of the pants, the first being the reinforced kickplate. “If you get done at the end of the day and wanna kick your boots off, you can kick them off without ruining the back of your pants,” she said. The pants also have an internal knee pocket and mesh lining in the pockets to keep you cool. There are also rapid deployment knife pockets on both sides of the pants, which are angled to get your knife in and out as quickly as possible. In addition, the pants have low profile mag pockets for a standard mag, also at an angle for quick access even when seated. The pants will be available in four different colors including black, mocha, navy and desert sage. These RD Pants retail for about $60 and should be hitting the market within the next few months.
What do you think of the new Magnum RD Pants? Will you be first in line to purchase a pair?
UPDATE: Magnum sent us a picture of the RD Pants taken by ITSTactical.com, which has been added to the top.