The Resource for Everything Tactical Pants
Vertx Phantom LT Lightweight Tactical Pants
Its original trousers, which hit the market in 2008, had a fabric weight of 9 ounces. That’s half an ounce more than any tactical pants on the market today. So, it makes sense to make a lightweight counterpart. It’s something that’s been in the works for years now.
As we reported back in October 2009, the new lightweight pants were initially expected in early 2011. However after various delays, the pants are officially due out sometime this fall. Sure, it’s a little behind schedule, but as the No. 1 requested item from Vertx customers, the pants will likely be a hit.
The new Vertx Phatom LT pants are slightly different then the ones outlined in our initial report. The pants will not feature coldblack technology (as far as we can tell). However, it will still feature Intelli-Dry™ technology (see below), a DuPont-like coating that makes the pants liquid repellent, moisture wicking and stain resistant. The pants will be available in three more colors than first expected including black, navy blue, O.D. green, desert tan and khaki.
Fabric: 65/35 Polyester/Cotton
Weight: 6.5 oz.
Weave: Mini Rip-Stop
- Wrinkle resistant
- Machine washable
- Deep dye for maximum color retention
- Intelli-Dry™ technology:
- Liquid repellent on outer surface
- Moisture wicking next to skin
- Stain resistant
- World-class design and functionality with articulated knees, crotch, rise and waistband for a great balance of comfort and mobility.
- Concealed zippered pocket on right side bearer plus back pocket credential flap to defend your valuables
- Multi-purpose cargo pockets for duty item storage
Sizes: Men’s Inseam sizes 30, 32, 34, 36; Waist sizes 28-35 (odd & even), 36-54 (even only); Women’s Inseam sizes 30, 32, 34, sizes 0-18 (even only)
Will you be testing out Vertx’s new lightweight pants?